Parents, are you ready for March Break?
If you’ve got kids, you know how much food they can go through in a single week. Growing children are hungry ALL OF THE TIME—especially if they’re keeping busy with sports and other extracurriculars—and when March Break hits, they’ll be hitting your kitchen again and again. Get ready to hear it: Mom, Dad, I’m hungry! What is there to eat?
We all know it’s coming and it’s time to get ready. Here are a few easy, satisfying, quick-to-prepare foods you’ll want to have on hand when schools are closed next week. Trust us—we’ve got a few kids of our own over here and we know what we’re talking about!
Good food for your family
You may be sticking to your usual dinner plans but with kids home during March Break, you’ll need extra supplies on hand for breakfast, lunch and snacks (and more snacks, plus snacks for their friends and finally, a few more snacks). Here’s a shopping list to help you get started:
- Classic pork bacon (great for breakfast or BLTs)
- Breakfast sausage (an awesome breakfast or lunch item)
- Fresh eggs from our retail stores (scramble or hard boil them, make egg salad sandwiches, whatever works!)
- Deli meat (even better if your kids are old enough to make a sandwich themselves)
- Polish sausage (ideal for snacking or making a ploughman’s lunch)
- Local cheese (great for snacking, grilled cheese sandwiches and more)
- Little VGs mild pepperettes (because seriously, they’re going to need more snacks)
- Chicken fingers (quick and easy to prepare, kid-friendly, so delicious!)
- Pizza (need we say more?)
It’s going to be a busy week, but the team at VG Meats is here to help you stock up your fridge like a pro. Come see us in store or shop online at VGFarmToCity.ca. We offer convenient online ordering plus FREE home delivery on qualifying orders within our delivery zones. Thanks for shopping local and helping us make regenerative food. We hope you’re able to sneak in some quality time as a family and enjoy the almost-spring sunshine!