It’s time to plan your Valentine’s Day dinner and Super Bowl parties!
The middle stretch of February has two very special dates that may or may not go hand-in-hand: Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day. And while it may seem that these occasions have very little in common, it could also be argued that both Valentine’s Day and Super Bowl Sunday are a celebration of deep, lasting, unconditional love. (Feel free to test this theory at home, but we are not responsible for any marital disagreements that result.)
Anyway, consider this your official reminder: it’s time to plan what you’ll be eating on February 12th and 14th! Here are a few ideas to get your started—be sure to check out our in-store specials page next week.
Super Bowl Sunday
Super Bowl LVII is almost here! This year, the Kansas City Chiefs are playing the Philadelphia Eagles. A few things to consider adding to your Farm to City shopping cart:
- Our great ‘Most Pounds for Your Buck’ freezer bundle (you’ll save $50 when you buy this bundle online or in store)
- Ground beef for nachos, tacos or meatballs (or our delicious ground chuck, which is on sale in store)
- Pulled pork (on special when you shop in store)
- Pork back ribs (a classic)
- Pork riblets (great for sharing!)
- Split and tipped chicken wings (currently available as a combo deal with those tasty riblets when you shop in store—check out our current specials!)
- Marinated beef short ribs (available in Korean BBQ or Southwest)
- Chicken fingers
All of these great products are available online, but many of them are available on special when you shop in store. Our retail locations are in Simcoe and Stoney Creek—we’d be happy to help you find everything you need for an amazing Super Bowl spread.
Love is in the air! So, what will you and your sweetheart be sharing for dinner?
First of all, decide when you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day. February 14th falls on a Tuesday this year, so you may want to plan a romantic dinner on the weekend instead of mid-week. If you do want to celebrate on the 14th, go for it—romance can happen any day of the week, and we’re here to help make it happen. These are some of the products our team recommends for Valentine’s Day:
- Tomahawk steaks (on special when you shop in store—look for the coupon at the bottom of this page!)
- Beef tenderloin steaks (also available in 8oz)
- Whole chickens for roasting (pair with some dry white wine!)
- Prime rib roast or prime rib steaks (you cannot go wrong with either of these)
See you soon!
We hope this blog post inspires you to make some delicious meals for Super Bowl weekend and Valentine’s Day—please contact us if you have any questions or special requests. Remember, you can shop online or at VGFarmToCity.ca. Thanks as always for reading and shopping local! Next week, we’ll be back with some recommendations for Family Day.