Put your chili where your mouth isWith all this talk of delicious chili, we decided to put our customers to the test. It’s time to put your chili where your mouth is - first figuratively, by entering this awesome contest, and then literally because mmm, chili. We’re letting ten entrants go head-to-head in the 2018 VG Meats Chili Bowl - it’s happening in our Stoney Creek store on Saturday, February 3rd. Yup, that’s Super Bowl weekend!
What you need to knowTo keep things legit, we’ve developed a few rules and regulations. Here’s what you need to know before entering.
- This contest is open to all customers but not to staff employed by VG Meats.
- You are welcome to use any protein you want (beef, pork, turkey, etc) but it must be from VG Meats. A receipt will be required as confirmation of this.
- The winner will be asked to share their chili recipe via our social media channels, so make sure you’re ok with that!
- Entrants must sign up via Facebook prior to the contest. All entrants will receive confirmation that they’re on the official contest entrant list/clarification of contest rules.
- Entrants must deliver a minimum of 12 cups of prepared chili to VG Meats before 9:30 am on February 3rd. You are welcome to bring in more - remember, you don’t want to run out of samples and lose votes!
- The chili will be kept warm in food-safe vessels during the voting period. Sampling and voting will be supervised by VG Meats staff. Entrants are welcome to come by the store, test the sample and even cast a vote!
- Votes are limited to ONE per person. Entries will be labeled by number, not entrant name.
- While the contest is taking place at our Stoney Creek store, entrants will be able to drop off their chili at our Simcoe location at a specified time on February 2nd, 2018.
- Voting will happen by paper ballot. Voters will consist of visitors to the store who sample the chili entries and choose their favourite. The sampling/voting period will begin at 11:00 am and end at 2:00 pm OR whenever samples run out.
- A winner will be announced before the Super Bowl on February 4th, 2018.
The prizeSo, what’s in it for you? Well, aside from bragging rights and the coveted title of 2018 VG Meats Chili Bowl Champion, we’re giving the lucky winner a prize pack consisting of a Tomahawk Steak, a 10 lb box of lean ground beef and a $100 gift card to VG Meats (a total value of $200). The second prize winner will get a 10 lb box of lean ground beef (approximately $50 in value). Because what does amazing chili get you? More beef to make more amazing chili.
If you’re ready to enter, simply DM us on Facebook. We’ll add your name to the list and make sure you’re clear on all contest details. And if you don’t enter, mark your calendars anyway - we’ll need our customers to vote for their favourite chili and help crown a winner!
Thanks for reading - we’ll see you at the VG Meats Chili Bowl on February 3rd!